Uttarakhand is known as devbhoomi (Land of Gods) because of its eternal beauty and spirituality.
Right from Beautiful rivers, hill station, adventure to its people, culture and food, Uttarakhand is the ultimate destination for any tourist who wants to explore a life-changing experience.
Here are the 15 incredible places in Uttarakhand to satisfy your wanderlust! ( 9th one is my Favourite)
I have also discussed about Uttarakhand tourism. Best places for trekking, food, shopping and the best time to visit Uttarakhand at the end of this article,
You can also comment if you need any suggestions.
So let us see the 15 Incredible places in Uttarakhand to satisfy your wanderlust.
Jump to section
- 1. Dehradun
- Top things to do in Dehradun
- 2. Mussoorie – The famous hill station in India
- Top things to do in Mussoorie!
- 3. Rishikesh – The Yoga capital of the world
- Top things to do in Rishikesh
- 4. Haridwar – Har Ki Pauri
- Top things to do in Haridwar!
- 5. Almora
- Top things to do in Almora
- 6. Valley of flowers
- Top things to do in Valley of flowers
- 7. Panch Prayag
- 8. Haldwani – Gateway of Kumaon
- Top things to do in Haldwani
- 9. Kausani – Switzerland of India
- 9 Himalayan Peaks you can see from Kausani, Distance by grow flight
- Top things to do in Kausani
- 10. Char Dham Yatra in Uttarakhand
- 11. Auli – Best place for Ski lovers!
- Top things to do in Auli
- 12. Tungnath – Highest temple of Lord Shiva!
- 13. Chopta – Trek in Uttarakhand
- 14. Nanital – The best place to visit in Uttarakhand!
- Top things to do in Nanital
- 15. Lansdowne – Incredible places in Uttarakhand
- Here are the most Frequently Asked Questions about Uttarakhand.
Dehradun is one of the most beautiful places to visit in Uttarakhand it is situated in Doon valley at the foothills of Himalaya and it is the capital of Uttarakhand.
Dehradun is the major attraction for its local cuisine, Paltan Bazar and other major tourist attraction
Top things to do in Dehradun
Experience the local cuisine
These are some of the most famous local cuisines which you must try in Dehradun.
- Enjoy 100+ varieties of Momos like Steamed Momo, Chicken Kothey Momo, Chilly Momo, Tandoori Momo etc
- Aloo Ke Gutke
- Kandalee ka saag
- Gahat ki Daal /kulthi ki daal
- Bal Mithai
- Authentic Chinese and Tibetan Cuisine
- Kheerein ka Raita
Best places to shop in Dehradun
- Paltan Bazaar for Brass and woollen sweaters.
- Indra market for Menswear.
- The Tibetan Market for handicrafts, jewellery, trinkets and prayer flags.
Best places to visit in Dehradun
Here are the best places to visit in Dehradun
- Buddha Temple
- Tiger Falls
- Malsi deer park
- Forest Research Institute
- Chetwode Hall
- The Earth Lounge
- Tibetan Market
- Wildlife Institute Of India
- Fun Valley
- Shiv Mandir
- Tapkeshawar Temple
- Robber’s Cave
- Paltan Bazaar
2. Mussoorie – The famous hill station in India
Mussoorie is one of the famous hill station situated in the foothills of Garhwal Himalayan range.
Because of the immense greenery, mountains and peace, Mussoorie is the central attraction of tourist from all around the globe!
Top things to do in Mussoorie!
- Enjoy Gun Hil Ropeway (Cable cart)
- Enjoy Snowfall
- Trekking at Hathipaon
- Enjoy a variety of local cuisine
- Visit Benog Wildlife Sanctuary
- Enjoy Paragliding
- Visit Soham Heritage & Art Center
- Jwala Devi Temple
3. Rishikesh – The Yoga capital of the world
Rishikesh is a beautiful town situated at Himalayan foothills beside the Ganges River in Uttarakhand.
Rishikesh is famous for its Spiritual peace, Laxaman Jula, Ram jhula and Yoga that’s why it is also known as the yoga capital of the world
Many Tourists from all over the world visit Rishikesh to learn and practice the Authentic art of Yoga. That’s why Rishikesh is very famous in the yoga community.
Top things to do in Rishikesh
- Enjoy River Rafting
- Do bungee jumping in Rishikesh
- Visit Lakshman Jhula
- Enjoy Yoga And Meditation in riverside
- Ayurvedic Massage And Therapies
- Rappelling And Rock Climbing
- Camping And Bonfire
- Visit Osho Ganga Dham Ashram
- Do camping at Brahmpuri
- Go for Waterfall Trekking
- Visit popular Beatles Ashram
4. Haridwar – Har Ki Pauri
Haridwar is the best place to visit in Uttarakhand, it is a Hindu pilgrimage site situated where the River Ganges exits the Himalayan foothills. It is a holy place where lakhs of people come every year to worship god. You can feel the peace and a magical vibe as you will enter the city.
Top things to do in Haridwar!
- Visit Har Ki Pauri ghat
- Mansa Devi Temple
- Visit Rajaji Wildlife Sanctuary for a wildlife jungle safari
- Daksha Mahadev Temple
- Chandi Devi Temple
- Go shopping at Bara Bazar or Kankhal
- Take a holy bath in the Ganges
Almora is situated at Kumaon division of Uttarakhand approx 62 km from Nainital.
Almora is very famous for various Historical old temples and its local sweet known as Baal Mithai. Almora is a perfect weekend getaway if you planning for a small hill station trip.
You can enjoy watching the Himalayan Peaks Like Nanda Devi and Trishul from Almora mountains. A small trip to Almora will be a blissful journey to satisfy your wanderlust.
Top things to do in Almora
- Visit the various historical Temples like Katarmal Sun Temple, Jageshwar Dham, Chitai Golu Deva Temple and Kesar Devi Temple.
- Trek To The Zero Point for beautiful sightseeing.
- Enjoy the Breathtaking view from The Bright End Corner.
- Enjoy world-famous Bal mithai.
- Visit Binsar Wildlife Sanctuary.
6. Valley of flowers
Valley of Flowers Park is an Indian national park, it is situated in North Chamoli, in the Garhwal division of Uttarakhand.
Valley of Flower is like a hidden gem in Uttarakhand famous for its diverse range of endemic flora and fauna.
And do you know that people believe that Valley Of Flower was the place from where Hanuman had collected the Sanjeevani Buti for curing Lakshman.
With a vast variety of beautiful flowers and plants and an immense ambience, this place gives a vibrant feel to anyone who visits there.
If you are going to the Valley of flower then get ready to lose in the soothing fragrance of the flower
Top things to do in Valley of flowers
- Enjoy the Beautiful Majestic Valley of Flowers
- Visit Hemkund Sahib
- Enjoy a trek to Ghangaria
- Visit the wonderful Bedini Bugyal which is a Himalayan Alpine meadow.
- Visit Nanda Devi National park where Himalayan snow leopard is the major attraction
7. Panch Prayag
Panch Prayag is a set of five holy river confluences in Uttarakhand. Panch means Five and Prayag means Place of the confluence of rivers.
These are the famous Panch Prayag in Uttarakhand!
- Vishnuprayag (lies at the confluence of Alaknanda River and Dhauliganga River)
- Nandprayag ( lies at the confluence of Alaknanda River and Nandakini River)
- Karnaprayag (lies at the confluence of Alaknanda River and Pindar River)
- Rudraprayag (lies at the confluence of Alaknanda River and Mandakini River)
- Devprayag (lies at the confluence of Alaknanda River and Bhagirathi River)
These 5 places are the confluence of holy rivers in India which are worshipped by the people.
The Panch Prayag is not less than a magical place in Uttarakhand that is a reason why it is always a central attraction for tourist from all over the globe.
These Panch Prayag are one of the best places to visit in Uttarakhand and if you want to know more about it let me know in the comments section below.
8. Haldwani – Gateway of Kumaon
Haldwani is one of the most famous city situated in the Kumaun region and one of the best places to visit in Uttarakhand and it is known as the Gateway of Kumaon because it is the main region from where we enter the Kumaon region and this is the Incredible places to visit in Uttarakhand.
Top things to do in Haldwani
- Visit Kathgodam One of The beautiful Railway Station in India
- Enjoy at Devbhoomi Adventure land
- Go to the Shitla Devi Temple
- Hidimba Parvat
- Enjoy majestic Kainchi Dham
- Visit the famous Bhimtal Lake
- Gaula Dam
9. Kausani – Switzerland of India
Kausani which is also known as Switzerland of India is one of the most famous hill station situated in Bageshwar district of Uttarakhand.
Kausani gives a magnificent 300 km-wide panoramic view of Himalayan peaks like Nanda Devi, Panchchuli and Trisul, which is enough to give you an ultimate life experience.
9 Himalayan Peaks you can see from Kausani, Distance by grow flight
The Himalayan Peaks which you can see from the Kausani are the:
Top things to do in Kausani
- Enjoy the majestic Himalayan View.
- Eat local Kumaoni food.
- Visit Chai Bagan in Kausani
- Buy Beautifully handcrafted famous Kausani Shall.
- Feel the peace and the positive vibes of this beautiful place.
10. Char Dham Yatra in Uttarakhand
The Char Dham (“four abodes”) is a set of four pilgrimage sites in Uttarakhand. Which consist of
Vaishnavite Hindus believe that visiting these sites helps achieve “Moksha” (salvation). In Hindu Religion Char Dham Yatra plays a Spiritual role in one’s life, Every Hindu must do Char Dham Yatra at least once in their life.
11. Auli – Best place for Ski lovers!
Auli is a perfect hill station and heaven for Ski lovers Situated in Garhwal region of Uttarakhand!
It is best known for its Ski resort destination and other adventure activities and camping! It is a wonderland for adventure freak like me!
Top things to do in Auli
- Enjoy Skiing in Auli
- Do Camping in Auli
- Kuari Pass Trek for adventure freaks
- Visit Auli Artificial Lake
- Enjoy Authentic Gadwali food
- Visit Chenab Lake
- Go for a Hike to Kwani Bugyal
- Trek to Trishul Peak
- Visit Joshimath
12. Tungnath – Highest temple of Lord Shiva!
(Lord of the Peaks) is the third Kedar (Tritiya Kedar) in the pecking order of the Panch Kedars. Tungnath – Highest temple of Lord Shiva is one of the oldest temples in Uttarakhand and it is believed to be 5000 years old.
Being situated at the altitude of 12073ft (3680m) Tungnth Temple trek is one of the Difficult treks in the world!
Tungnath trek to is full of challenges and filled with adventure and if you are going for the Tungnath trek then it will be a life-changing experience for you.
If you are planning for Tungnath trek which is approx 3680m From sea level then you should make sure that you are physically fit and have the guts to do it!
The best time to visit Tungnath will be from June to October. During winters due to Heavy Snowfall, The Tungnath is fully covered with snow due to which the Government does not allow anyone to go for the trek.
13. Chopta – Trek in Uttarakhand
Chopta is like a wonderland. With the cool breeze, Majestic view and a magical weather condition make this place a wonderland for people who wants a break from there daily hectic life.
One can visit Chopta in any month of the year but if you want to enjoy Snowfall then Jan to March will be the best month to explore Chopta.
14. Nanital – The best place to visit in Uttarakhand!
Nanital is a lovely Hill station in Kumaon region of Uttarakhand and popularly known for its Nani Tal (Nanital Lake).
It is a Central Attraction for People from all over the world and a HubSpot for many films, Some of the famous Bollywood movies like – Koi Mil Gaya, Vivah, Masoom, Kati Patang, Gumrah were shooted at Nainital Lake.
Top things to do in Nanital
- Enjoy Boating in Nanital lake
- Taste Authentic Kumaoni food
- Visit Nanital zoo.
- Experience a Majestic view of Himalayas through Cheena (Naina) Peak.
- Visit Shaolin Gurukul – A place to learn Authentic Shaolin Kung fu
15. Lansdowne – Incredible places in Uttarakhand
Lansdowne is one of the best hill stations in Pauri Garhwal district of Uttarakhand
It is Little unknown and less visited place in Uttarakhand, This place is well maintained because it is a Cantonment Area of Garhwal Rifles.
Here are the most Frequently Asked Questions about Uttarakhand.
The best time to visit Uttarakhand depends on the location where you want to visit. Some places in Uttarakhand like Chaar Dham Are closed in winters due to heavy snowfall whereas you can visit most of the places at any time, but avoid coming to Uttarakhand in Rainy season.
You can visit Dehradun at any month of the year. But if you are planning to visit places like Mussoorie and want to enjoy snowfall then December to February will the best time to visit Dehradun
Dehradun is famous for places like Mussoorie, Haridwar, Buddha Temple
and Sahastradhara, Along with this it is very famous for its local Authentic Chinese and Tibetan Cuisine and famous Paltan Bazaar
You can visit Mussoorie at any time of the year but if you like to enjoy snowfall then the best time to visit Mussoorie will be November to February.
Rishikesh is very popular for its temple, adventure sports like River Rafting, Bungee jumping and Yoga.
Rishikesh is known as The Yoga Capital Of The World. It is situated in the Uttarakhand state of India, Every year lakhs of people from all over the globe visit Rishikesh to learn and practice authentic Yoga.
You can visit Rishikesh at any season but during winters the place become cooler and attract more tourist, If you want to enjoy the winters of mountains then do visit Rishikesh at winters.
Here are the top things you can do in Rishikesh!
1. Enjoy River Rafting
2. Do bungee jumping in Rishikesh
3. Visit Lakshman Jhula
4. Enjoy Yoga And Meditation in riverside
5. Ayurvedic Massage And Therapies
6. Rappelling And Rock Climbing
7. Camping And Bonfire
8. Visit Osho Ganga Dham Ashram
9. Do camping at Brahmpuri
10. Go for Waterfall Trekking
11. Visit popular Beatles Ashram
Here is the best month to visit Haridwar
If you want to attend the famous festival Savan where lakhs of people visit Haridwar then you can visit Haridwar in July.
And if you just want to explore Haridwar then you may visit in offseason from August to October.
Haridwar is safe for tourist however many tourists get in the trap of the people who just want to make money from you in the namesake of God, So you have to be careful from all such people, If you are a foreign tourist then make sure that you hire some LOCAL TRUSTABLE GUIDE and be careful and take charge of your valuable belongings.
The 5 Panch Prayag are –
Vishnuprayag (lies at the confluence of Alaknanda River and Dhauliganga River)
Nandprayag ( lies at the confluence of Alaknanda River and Nandakini River )
Karnaprayag (lies at the confluence of Alaknanda River and Pindar River)
Rudraprayag (lies at the confluence of Alaknanda River and Mandakini River)
Devprayag (lies at the confluence of Alaknanda River and Bhagirathi River)
The Char Dham of Uttarakhand are –
In Bageshwar you can visit the famous Bagnath Mandir (Temple), Kausani known as Switzerland of India, and Baijnath temple.
Kausani in Bageshwar district of Uttarakhand gives a majestic view of these 9 Himalayan Peaks
These were the best places which you should definitely visit for a wonderful experience in Uttarakhand. Please feel free to share your thoughts and ask any question you may have in the comments section below.
Share This with your Travel Partner! 😊